I feel strongly in the difference a photograph can make.
In a generation of smart phones, we are drowning in pictures, but have a drought of photographs. A photograph can stop time, build a history. A photograph can keep a love alive, bring back hope. So why settle for a grainy Instagram picture?
I create photographs that you want to hang on your walls. No - that your great-grandchildren want to hang on their walls. In fifty years, I have the nagging feeling they won't be scrolling through their timelines to see their loved ones. So, let's go back to the basics. In style.
Style alone, however, does not a great photograph make. Sessions with me are about creating timeless images and timeless memories at the same time. The first time I stepped inside a professional photography studio, it felt invigorating. Enjoy your moment in front of the camera! It can be intimidating, but incredibly rewarding and self-affirming to have an image of yourself, or your loved ones, that will span generations.
fun photo facts :
- Certificate of Photography and Digital Imaging at Pratt Institute
- Member of NYC-based photography collective, The Riverside Collective
- Teaching Assistant at International Center of Photography
- Finalist in juried photography shows, Brooklyn Waterfront Artists Coalition
- Worked as a Studio Assistant at a top NYC photo studio
- Still can't get my mother to keep her eyes open in any family photo